Inspired by The Lost 100-Pagers and Super-Team Family: The Lost Issues, I've decided to create my own take on comic book covers. These will be all-original art illustrated by myself. Thank you and a good afternoon. Excelsior!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Better Off Ted


I wasn't much of a Man-Thing reader when I was young. I preferred Swamp Thing over at the Distinguished Competition. I think it came down to the art. No disrespect meant to Mike Ploog, but I liked the art of Berni Wrightson and Nestor Redondo more. Even the last issue done by Ernie Chan (with inks by Fred Carrillo) had much more appeal.

Also, one thing I liked better about Swamp Thing is that he retained Alec Holland's mind, while Man-Thing's Ted Sallis persona was buried deep within the mind of the muck-encrusted monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment