Inspired by The Lost 100-Pagers and Super-Team Family: The Lost Issues, I've decided to create my own take on comic book covers. These will be all-original art illustrated by myself. Thank you and a good afternoon. Excelsior!

Friday, August 17, 2018

Billy and Willie


It's been over half a year since I last posted! I was very busy with work but now I've been afforded a bit of a break so I managed to finish a new piece. I dabbled with a modern coloring style, hopefully I still managed to capture the essence of 1970s/1980s comic books with this one.

Captain Marvel is one of my all-time favorites ever since I first picked up Shazam no. 2, with the cover depicting him flying straight out of a comic book, and as a kid I didn't realize that the guy who fought the Man of Steel in Superman no. 276 was not the same guy. That was Captain Thunder, DC's test run to see if readers would want to see Superman and Captain Marvel battle it out. I guess it worked because eventually the two heroes would collide for real a short while later.

It would have been a hoot to see Marvel and Thunder encounter one another. And if you look closely at my depiction above you'll see who's masterminding this fight.

9 comments:

  1. I need comic artist for my superhero Will you accept my proposal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need comic artist for my superhero Will you accept my proposal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a comic artist for my superhero will you accept my offer.If you do contact me on Fb->As Felix Muriki and in IG iam Felix Muriki-23 and also my gmail address is Skylermccknight23@gmail.com.Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Felix. Quite busy these days. But I hope you find somebody.

      Delete
  4. I love it! Is this available as a print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, no. I'm hesitant to sell art prints of IPs I don't own.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic cover art! The only problem is the price. In August of 1978 DC comics were still 35 cents! They didn't hit the 75 cent mark for a standard comic until October of 1983.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yeah. I just use an 80s template for the upper right corner box. I just change the issue number and date. :)

      Delete