Inspired by The Lost 100-Pagers and Super-Team Family: The Lost Issues, I've decided to create my own take on comic book covers. These will be all-original art illustrated by myself. Thank you and a good afternoon. Excelsior!

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Risky Business

 

John Byrne's take on Lex Luthor as a ruthless businessman (based on Marv Wolfman's idea, I believe) was very different from the mad scientist of the Pre-Crisis universe, but it worked. He became much more dangerous in my eyes, and it became difficult for Superman to bring him to justice since he could just employ an army of lawyers to avoid being imprisoned.

I think this clash would be something Ted Kord would lose, since during those days Ted was not too keen on running a company. Indeed, by the end of the Blue Beetle series his father had wrested control of the business from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment